Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Perfect Crinkle Cookie Recipe




I have tried many different ways to make crinkles since I got married. I have finally found the one & the only. The only way to make them. I am usually a healthy person, and these are definitely not healthy. I'll be trying out a gluten free version later this season, but this is the one I make my family & friends, I hope you enjoy! 

The Perfect Crinkle Cookie Recipe 

1 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder by Hershey (Packed)
2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup of mild taste olive oil
4 large eggs room temperature
2 teaspoons pure bourbon vanilla extract (natural vanilla works as well)
1 cup bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips
2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup of confectioners' sugar  

Mix together cocoa powder, sugar, & oil in a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring as you go. Then add vanilla & chocolate chips, stir until well combined. 

In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. 

Slowly add the flour mixture into cocoa mixture, stirring as you go with a wooden spoon. I usually do it by thirds, because at the end it will be very hard to stir! 

Cover mixture and chill for 5 hours or overnight. If you want them done asap, you can also put it in the freezer for a hour and freeze in between batches. 

Preheat oven to 350. Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a small high bowl add confectioners sugar. Roll dough into balls, around 2 inches. Coat each ball in confectioners sugar, making sure to cover each well! When in doubt add more! Place them on cookie sheets.
Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool.

If you are true chocoholic like I am...enjoy after cooling for 2 minutes, it is amazingly decadent!

Store cookies once completely cooled in covered Tupperware! 

No comments:

Post a Comment