Friday, November 4, 2016

My First (Spooky) Entry

Hi, everyone! I decided to start a blog (or a new blog if you have been following me for awhile) because I miss saving memories & photos in a special way that only blogging allows, I'm also using it as a way to expand my business & get my name out there more!
I hope you enjoy my blog and if you are interested in getting pictures taken by me please contact me on my website at www.herdreamsoftomorrowphotography.com!!! 



Halloween has came and went in a blink of an eye! I can't believe it is already November!!! At least we have two amazing holidays coming up to help ease the sting of Halloween being done. If you know me I'm absolutely crazy about Christmas so I'm definitely looking forward to that! I may of already started decorating...because I am one of those crazy people :|. I want to blame my Christmas Mini Sessions going on this weekend, but I can't haha! 



My mom came and visited us last week! Her & Aurora made halloween cupcakes & painted pumpkins together. Roo did Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas & my mom did an adorable Pinocchio! The stem for his nose cracks me up! Such a great idea!  


This is the first year we have ever had painted pumpkins! I think we are going to add it to our very long list of Halloween traditions since Roo enjoyed it so much! It is so much easier for her to paint something rather than cutting out chunks of pumpkin anyways.




Last Sunday my wife had a fun roller derby match! It wasn't a "real" match, but just something fun the players can do on the off season. They named it The Blocking Dead and all the players dressed up as zombies! It was so fun! Helping zombify my wife was fun and Roo wanted to be just like her mommy (my wife) so she went as a zombie witch! The match was amazing! My wife actually got mvp Jammer! It is amazing watching her play, she is so amazing at it! I'm very proud of her.

I can't believe Halloween fell on a Monday this year. Halloween on a week day is absolutely awful. It puts a damper on the fun to be had and makes the next day miserable for the kiddos. This is the first year it has happened since Roo started school and it frustrated me to no end that schools really don't give a crap. Halloween has been a holiday for a very very very very long time, why be in denial about it? Schools at least should make the day afterwards a half day! I think even teachers would be thankful for not having to deal with sugar crashes & exhaustion from fifteen+ students.Ya? Okay -end rant- haha! 

Other than the awful timing of Halloween it went great! My Roo was Princess Darth Vader! She has been wanting to be it for the past year. I'm still shocked she stuck with it for so long. I think her costume turned out super cute! It also helped that it was totally inexpensive to do! I think the most I spent was on the tutu. 




I wish I was able to take more photos! After we got home we rushed to clean up half eaten dinners we tried to eat on the way out the door to trick-or-treat and put the little one to bed (after a few pieces of candy & an episode of Gravity Falls ;]). We usually watch Hocus Pocus Halloween night while we gobble up caramel apples & bits of of candy, but we were unable to do it with the time crunch, which was really disappointing! 

We played with the idea of letting Roo stay home the next day, but we had already missed a week of school this year because of a trip to Disney. I'm glad we didn't because Roo ended up sick Thursday & today. 


She was so miserable she barely talked or moved around at all. I was able to get a few smiles out of her to cheer her up though. We ended having a Christmas movie marathon while I set up for a Christmas mini session. We watched both Home Alones, Frosty, Rudolph, & Elf. She went through 2 whole boxes of tissues yesterday...poor girl. 

Roo never takes naps...never ever. She did a few times in Kindergarten, but that was the last of it. So I was surprised when she asked me to put on quiet Christmas music (yes, my whole family is crazy for Christmas haha!) so she could fall asleep. She fell asleep in two minutes flat! I had to get a picture because she just looked SO little. Lately, it seems like everyday she just gets bigger & bigger. I'll definitely treasure the photo because time moves so, so fast and she will never be this little again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment